Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Gift that keeps on Giving

A few years ago my husband gave me a gift for our wedding anniversary. It was a website. I was just starting out in New York, and he thought it would be a good tool for me to promote myself and my career. A website doesn't sound particularly romantic, but I was really thrilled.

I am sort of a geek when it comes to my interest in computers. Able I am not, but interested and willing to try, I am. My website has been pretty successful over the years. People in the world who have seen me on tv have been able to find me with relative ease. It's nice when "fans" take the time to email me their thoughts about what they have seen on the tube. I even got asked out on a date once...I didn't go of course.

Anyway, I recently figured out that I could put video clips on my website. Yippee! I stayed up TOO late last night compiling some of my favorite clips to publish on the site. Now, interested parties can actually see some of my work. As I got giddy about this, my husband said: "It's the gift that keeps on giving". He was rather proud of himself. Thanks honey, it really is a great gift.

No comments: