Thursday, May 25, 2006

Where do you get your haircut?


I get asked this question so often, that every time I get my hair cut, I grab a stack of business cards and throw them in my wallet to hand out all around the town. I get asked at airports, on the street, through "fan" email, and once I got a note passed to me during church. I have had 2 different makeup artists go see my guy, a stranger who saw me on tv drove from Long Island to get her hair done by my guy, lots of my friends, and the guy that passed me the note, he was bald, so even a bald guy went.

It turns out that the bald guy was a hairdresser and was asking so that he could go get a pedicure at the salon and watch my guy work. Turns out they don't give pedicures, so he was out of luck.

The "fan" email is what cracks me up the most. I have had 5 viewers hunt me down on the internet and email me asking me where I get it done (if they are local) and for more photos to show their stylist. I guess the photos on my website or not sufficient. I love this. I love the lengths people are willing to go for their hair.

And may I say, I have had various versions of my haircut since 2003 and I love my hair. It takes 6 minutes to do after my shower, and because it is a short hair cut, it always looks done. And after getting to experience long hair for a few months (hair extensions for a job), boy do I ever LOVE short hair...especially my own, and not who knows how many girls' hair from Europe who sold their hair for my extensions...ew.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO, KRISTY, WITH THE CUTEST HAIR IN THE WORLD.. I LIVE IN MICHIGAN AND I AM ALSO WONDERING IF YOU HAVE PICTURES OF YOUR 'FAMOUS HAIR' THAT YOU COULD POST (ALL ANGLES--FRONT, BACK, SIDES) SO THAT I COULD HAVE CUTE HAIR, TOO! THANKS SOOO MUCH! :)

JULIE

Kage said...

Julie, I am happy to email you some more photos....email me first at:
kristy@kristyglass.com
and then I will reply.