Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Husbands for Sale


Today I kissed a man who was not my husband. Some might call this adultery, I call it just another day at the office.

More often than not, when I am given a new husband, one or both of my daughters are present and are thus given a new Dad. The first time this happened my 3-year-old was unaware because she happened to fall asleep at the shoot, and we used her as our sleeping daughter in the photos. The second time she thought it was fun to call the model playing "Dad", PRETEND JASON, as this is her Dad's name. She had a fun time pretending to have a new Dad, especially when they got to feed each other carrots and turkey with a fork (It was a family dinner shot).

The third time she had a really fun time coloring on the floor, reading a story and playing piggyback with her Pretend Jason. I was pretty impressed that she was comfortable with the situation, but then again, she is a kid, and pretending is what kids do right?

Today it happened again. My four-year-old and I were hired to play a mom and daughter to a PRETEND JASON for a Jetblue industrial. Actually it was the jetengines that are in Jetblue aircraft that hired us, but it's easier to say Jetblue. The main scene that we did with Dad was greeting him at the airport. Basically we just had to be excited to see him, and greet him with hugs and kisses. Daughter did the hugging, and I the kissing. And she was ok with it, and I was too, but now I am wondering if it's ok that we were all ok with it?

4 comments:

TftCarrie said...

If he was cute, I don't see any problem with being ok with it. :)

chloe said...

Hey, some of us kiss other men in our dreams, you get to do it "for real" - I see nothing wrong with that picture!

Jen said...

Your day at the office is much more interesting than mine....I think DD being ok with a "new dad" for the day shows how secure she is in her real life family.

Kage said...

Jen, I really appreciate you saying that, I SO hope that is the case. My girls certainly love their Dad, and I know the feeling is mutual....