Sunday, June 04, 2006

The Phlegmy Month of May


May was the worst month I have had in a long time. My health was so difficult to control. I am allergic to EVERYTHING and this was the worst allergy season in a decade. I ended up in the ER for a sprained back (from coughing) and a tight chest, and eventually developed bronchitis. My antibiotics gave me vertigo...I know a bizarre reaction, but true. I think it has been about 3 days since I did not cough or have phlegm coming from somewhere. Even my baby seemed to be suffering.

Now I am hoping to begin recording the vocals for my record. We finished all the piano tracks (all 14) on Saturday, and now it is time to add the voice. I am both exhilerated by this and scared at the same time. I have complete artistic and performance control and I want to be sure to make the right choices. My pianist and I did a short Silent Night to guitar on Saturday and this was my first attempt at recording (in a few years). I put a soundbyte on my website...called sneak peek of Christmas album.

It is really difficult to listen critically to yourself. You can hear every flaw, and you know it's you, but you don't really know it's you. You have heard people tell you you have a great voice, but you regard your voice just like any other body part....and I am not exactly fond of my thighs, behind, bottom of my feet, the list goes on....so it's hard to agree with anyone and say: Yeah, I really love my voice too.

Did I just make any sense?

Anyway, I am just glad the phlegm is gone and the singulair, clarinex and flonase are swishing through my bloodstream at full steam, to get me through the summer and through the most scary/exhilerating/exciting/artistic singing adventure I have had in a long time.

No comments: