Monday, July 24, 2006

Good Fortune



Last night I spontaneously served my family citrus-flavored fortune cookies. This was the first time my daughters had experienced them. It was fun. My fortune is found above.

This fortune helped me to calm down and de-stress after a stressful power-less week. I will literally try to bury my worries by going to the beach tomorrow after the Today Show Taping.

As for today, I recorded for a few hours in the morning since my engineer is going out of town for a few weeks. Then I got in a traffic jam on the BQE and found a new way home (thanks GPS system!) Once there, I cuddled with the little one and grabbed the big one to get to a photoshoot for Nick Jr. Magazine. We had such a fun afternoon. It was a cover-try for me with several kids, including my own. The story is about Halloween Costumes made out of pillowcases. Very Martha Stewart, but Nick Jr.-style...very cool.

My daughter was dressed as Holly Hobbie. The entire shoot she kept chanting: "Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat, if you don't, I don't care, I'll put ___________ in your underwear" Frog, bracelet, hair, a human were some of the more memorable ones that she picked. Funny. When we were all done, she asked if she could go back tomorrow. I am glad she had fun. That is the point. And it was nice for us to have some (now rare) alone time together.

After a hotdog and ice cream for dd and a jamba juice and blueberry cinnamon roll for me, we mosied on over to Madison Square Park to count dogs, and then went to my 2nd callback for Nuvaring. Luckily after 2 auditions, you get paid for subsequent auditions, otherwise I would have been less than enthused. It was the same copy and this time the director was there live, which was so much nicer than a satellite conference. I think it went well, but there were still a bunch of girls waiting to be seen after me. Oh the suspense. Still now word on Homegoods. See you on tomorrow, on TODAY.

1 comment:

wendysue said...

Fabulous fortune. . .were you really planning on going to the beach before you read that??? I'm glad to her your power is on the up and up. . .ugh.

p.s. about a week before Madison was born we went out for chinese food and my fortune read "you are about to be graced with the presence of stardom" how's that for an entrance of your first daughter??

Enjoy your power this week :)

p.p.s. I LOVED my Hollie hobbie sheet set when I was little.