Friday, July 14, 2006

Kristy bein' Kristy


My friend sent me a snapfish album with this photo and the caption: Kristy bein' Kristy. I am pretty sure I embarrass this friend often. I don't mean to. I'm just a weird egg. In this particular moment I was trying to get rid of sand that had ended up in sensitive places, you understand.

Today was the most perfect day to go to the beach. So, I was determined to go. I crossed my fingers all day yesterday that no agents would call me. Well the first ones did around 2:00 for a job for the baby this morning, and I turned it down, I wanted to go to the beach. Then while I was AT the beach my agent called with an audition TODAY. Ay ya ya. We spent 3 beautiful hours and then the mad dash started. It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the terrible traffic on the Van Wyck and the accidental JFK airport detour.

I got good news on the way home, I am on hold for the Nuvaring audition I had on Wednesday, with the poem copy. Happy about that, even happier that it shoots in LA...so cross fingers.

My girls were such good sports. We got home with 30 minutes to get us from sandy to gorgeous...we all jumped in the shower and tried to DE-sand. Then the girls stayed in their little ikea tub for a few minutes while I got dressed, and of course the baby pooped...in the tub. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh. By some miracle we were all ready to go and out the door in the allotted time. We rushed to the city to get to the audition just in time.

As we got off the elevator at the audition a nice man said: What a beautiful family, and I said THANK YOU, but in my head was saying: What a beautiful career you have had. The audition went well, we were in and out (thankfully) and then hurried home so that I could make a date with my husband. My apartment is an absolute wreck, but what a great day we had.

4 comments:

chloe said...

Yep, that's the Kristy I know and love. I was so confused about the bucket before you explained...

TftCarrie said...

Oh I hope the Nuvaring job comes through. Come to LA!!

Beth said...

Kristy - nice blog. I finally got around to checking it out. I hope you get that job in LA, too. It would be great to see you (if possible).

marian said...

Oh, I love John Cullum (the nice man she ran into for anyone that didn't follow the link)... though I have to admit I didn't know his name. How cool that you ran into him.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for Nuvaring!