Saturday, July 29, 2006

Leaving on a Jet Plane

To steal Snarky's idea, yes I am leaving on a jetplane. Jetblue to be exact (at my request). I love Jetblue. And I am leaving tomorrow afternoon for a few days work, some shopping on Rodeo Drive (as IF I can afford anything there), and four nights at the Four Seasons.

I have stocked up my kitchen with Costco and Walmart groceries (hopefully the power will stay on), and bought a few new dvd's and toys for the kids to remain entertained while I am away. I have written the 5-page, single-spaced word document of how to take care of two children for 4 days, for my manny (see definition #3), little brother Sam. I have purchased a few magazines, and made arrangements to borrow A Tree Grows in Brooklyn from a friend, for DYM's book club.

I hope to see my friend tftCarrie while I am out there, but I think I will be at the mercy of her minivan and posse coming to get me, as I will be chauffered around by limousine. It is going to be a very swanky business trip and I am so totally excited to go, not only because it is a good job, but also because I will be away from my family for 4 days and nights. I love them dearly, and a break from them will be divinity itself. No dishes, no diapers, no waking up at the crack of dawn, no noise, no screaming, no talking, no hide and seek, no smells that I cannot identify, no sippy cups, no unidentified stains in the shape of handprints on the walls, no crumbs, no pbskids.org, no whining, no backache, no schlepping, no preparing meals... Oh I will miss them so much.

Thank you Nuvaring.

3 comments:

Rachel H said...

Right on girl.... I am smiling almot feeling like I am going on vacation just reading about all your fun. Have a blast! The only time I have gotten to occasionally get driven in a "LIMO" was as a flight attendant for Continental. Sweeeet.

Tracy M said...

I am seething with jealously.

The Daring One said...

I hope you're having a wonderful time. I'm so glad you got the book. I'm loving it so far.