Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Tale of Yesterday


Since I am wrangling today and praying that nothing eventful happens, I will blog about yesterday. Yesterday was HOT. I decided to sweat yesterday. And sweat I did. I barely even had to try. I had a good workout at 6:10 AM and sweat a lot. I think more than usual because of the heat (even though I was in the air conditioning). Have I mentioned that it is hot here?

I did a commercial audition for Nuvaring. It was actually really nice, this was my copy:
PHENOMENAL WOMAN
by Maya Angelou

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies
I'm not cute or built to suit a model's fashion size
But when I start to tell them
They think I'm telling lies.
I say
It's in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips
The stride of my steps
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally
Phenomenal woman
That's me.

What a refreshing change. I let the baby come into the room, but she had to remain secure in her stroller. She was wiggly, but quiet.

After that we stopped by the Container Store for a little somethin somethin I am working on for an upcoming gift, and then stopped by the Baby Depot at Burlington Coat Factory to pick up a poster that they so graciously saved for me. I saw a mouse there. It is the second time I have seen a mouse in NYC. I never saw the mouse that lived with me for a month (only his droppings). I handled it very well, merely shuttered instead of screamed.

After a trip home and a restful nap (for the baby) we headed back in for my casting for a segment on the CBS Early Show, which I know I did not get....just stating it hear and now, ya'll as my witness...didn't get it. I just know.

As we were walking home the sweet relief of rain finally came flooding down. AAAAAAAAAAAH....goodbye heat. I was wearing flip flops, it was slippery...I knew this. I concentrated on not falling or slipping in any way.

Got to the Astoria Blvd. platform, made it down the first set of steps. Then the marathon super-long flight of which my older daughter nearly bit it when she was walking up and a man in a hurry got his tripod or umbrella or something stuck in her hood and started bringing her down the stairs with him. Thank goodness I was holding her hand.

I digress. I looked at the stairs and that rain and my flip flops and I held on for dear life. I ALMOST made it. 4 steps to go and BAM...down I went. I think I only thudded for 2 steps, but man did my left butt cheek hurt. The baby cried but I think more for shock then harm. I just sat there for a minute, even though I know there is risk for a citation if you do...but I had to collect myself. One man asked if I was ok...that's all. I was too embarrassed to look at my butt, I waited til I got home, took off my shorts and took a picture. You can see there is more dirt on the left. Glad I'm ok.



3 comments:

marian said...

Kage, SO GLAD you're okay. That's how I ended up in the emergency room on Max's birthday - flip flops on wet subway stairs = smacking head on stair and bleeding profusely. So very glad that only your shorts took a beating on this one and that DD was only shaken a bit. Rain is so nice and cooling, but deadly w/flip flops!!!

Caryn said...

I know officially worship you--you got up in order to start exercising at 6:10 in the morning? Unbelievable.

Good luck with the CBS casting anyway. Hope you recover soon from your fall.

Caryn said...

Crap. I hate it when I notice embarrassing typos in my comments after they've been posted. I really do know how to spell "now". Really. I swear. Promise.