Saturday, August 05, 2006

Fitting in Santa Monica





Monday, July 31st

My husband said I would see celebrities in Beverly Hills, but I didn't expect it so soon. And I wasn't looking, nor would I have noticed her, if someone else hadn't spoken to her. It was the voice of Andie MacDowell that I recognized. And I saw a brief profile as I looked up from my biking and my book to match the face with the voice. Then it was just the signature curls in a "pebbles bun" (as my sister calls it) on top of her head, exercising on the elliptical machine in front of me. I checked the gym sign-in and saw that she used an alias with the same initials. Interesting. I later figured out that the night before she had had the premiere of "Barnyard" to attend...here are a few pix, she was wearing that same necklace at the gym. And can I just say that for 48, she has got one awesome looking behind in lycra....inspirational for those of us 21 years younger.

So, you are wondering, why was I at the gym on my first day of vacation? Well, now b/c of AM's cellulite-free-booty-inspiration, and also because I woke up at 6:41 AM. and what else should I do until I wait for my breakfast that I ordered to come at 8:30? By the way, my breakfast was so good, and I am really glad that I didn't look at the bill until after I had eaten it, especially after I guzzled that 6 dollars worth of grapefruit juice as I ran out the door for the 9:15 call time that I learned about at 8:45.

I was optimistic that today would be short, sweet and easy...try on a few clothes, take a few polaroids...all done. But no, the director came in and looked at an entire rack of offerings and said he hated them all. The stylist had to start over again, right then and there. I was dismissed for a few hours, and went shopping at the 3rd St. Promenade, where I found an adorable boutique called This Little Piggy where I got these jammies in the yellow rose print for big girl, and a nightgown in this rooster print for little girl. I was given less than 10 minutes notice that I was being picked up, so I grabbed a slice of New York Pizza on my way out to meet my ride. I guess you can take the girl out of NY, but not the NY out of the girl. It was yummy. There were also a lot of plants shaped as Dinosaurs, milling about.

After a second fitting session, I was released. My BFF met me and we went to a restaurant for $1.99 cheeseburger, drink and fries, and karaoke. I got a chance to sing True Colors (after I got the shaft at Mt. Sinai idol and didn't get to sing it), Stoney End, and Enough is Enough (a duet with Carrie). I also got to see her beautiful home. So much space...I could have done a cartwheel in there.

That night I just relaxed and slept so soundly in my bed. I did have one disturbance, a single phone ring around 3 AM. I thought this was my wake-up call and ALMOST got into the shower, but luckily I checked the clock and snoozed a little bit longer. It was a good beginning.

4 comments:

Corinne said...

Your children are SO darling. I dont' think I've seen a picture of them both together and what a sparkling pair. Love your trip adventures.

Camdog said...

Hey Kristy - I saw your comments on my Lagoon post - so glad you found us! Your blog is so great - you keep it so well updated. I am probably going to be in NY or NJ the 3rd week of September for work and hopefully LaRane can come too - if so, it would be fun to meet up or something. I'll keep you posted...CK

Rane said...

sooooooooooooo funny about the breakfast!!! they must have used organic ingredients to make everything. LOL Girls look so cute in their jammies! LOVE the roosters.

talk to you soon.
rane

Julie said...

You had me at "Burbank Airport". This series of posts is already making me homesick!

But a $50 breakfast! Oh my!