Monday, August 14, 2006

I SPY





Yes I am in all of these ads. Okay here is the story. I did this Wetones ad a few months ago. It was a direct booking which means that I didn't have to go to a casting/go-see for the job. A photographer that I have worked with several times before knew I was good with kids, so she booked me. Great. It was a decent paying job, I'll take it. After the shoot, I got a call from my agent saying the photo that they chose for the ad turned out to be more recognizable than they originally intended, so they were going to double my pay. I'll take that too.

Now that I see the ad, I am laughing because this is less recognizable than the Huggies ad that I did, and they were on a similar pay scale (I mean, it doesn't even show my dead give away famous hair). Cut to, I am flipping through Parenting Magazine today and I say: Wow, that lady looks a lot like me, oh, it IS me. There I was in a Playskool ad (with baby Fiona), which I most definitely remember shooting, but was most definitely not aware was going to be an ad. So, I am ok with that, but I would say this is MOST recognizable and I was paid less than 1/3 of what I was paid for the "recognizable" Wetones ad. I have put in a call to my agent about that one....

Another interesting occurrence today, other then discovering myself by accident in Parenting Magazine, happened of course on the subway. I was in a car with 4 men with large suitcases, and realized as the doors were opening to my stop that we were ALL getting off. My instinct was to be rude and push in front of them to be sure we were out in time...but I didn't. I pushed the stroller out onto the platform and then the door closed on my arm with my body and my older child's body inside the train. A woman came running, (the suitcase guys were still clueless) and I just stood there assuming (hoping) one of the conductors would see a woman's arm attached to a stroller hanging out of the car....one onethousand, two onethousand, and the cars opened. My daughter said: "MOM, that was REALLY bad." I couldn't have agreed more.

4 comments:

Tracy M said...

I saw the Tide ad in Child magazine while at the pediatrician the other day... cool.

heather & fiona said...

Hey Kristy -

I saw the Wet Ones ad in either Oprah or Real Simple and it was different than the one you are displaying - you were definitely in the photo and recognizable - looks like there are 2 versions out there. Unfortunately I already recycled those mags (there were for August) - but see if you can find them (corner newstands often will just give away last month's copies) - if I see it I'll grab for you!

Kage said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kage said...

heather, I have both of those for August and did not see it....could you be thinking of something else? I know they told me it wouldn't be out til sept....could it have been sept?

Anyway, that is pretty funny....now I am on the hunt...my friend Kel said I was in CHILD mag a lot, but I haven't been able to find a sept. issue of that....

Did you get the Parenting mag with F in it?