Wednesday, August 30, 2006

RAIN

I'm glad we aren't having a drought. But I am telling you, my fourth year in NYC, and the hurricane season is alive and well here. We get SO MUCH rain. It is so wet and cold and it makes particularly my older daughter very sad. I think she would benefit from light therapy on these days. She just cries.

On a brighter note, last night my DH and I spent a really nice evening dining at Fiamma. Half of the meal was on our friends who moved from NYC this past February and had some money left on a gift certficate...thanks guys. We were in Soho, so it was really nice to walk around there and see the shops and the stars, ok just one star, who wasn't looking very star-ish at the time, but had a really cool orange bag.

Then I came home to an email with a link to the Nuvaring Commercial. That was fun to watch. My notes: My teeth were whitened so much that in some shots they look blue. Also, the pace of the commercial is a lot more mellow than it FELT while shooting it. The pace of shooting was much more rapid fire. The giant non-smoking sign (just fyi) was giant, awkward and heavy. And the sign that I pull out was also heavy, even though a crew guy did most of the work. Everything else (besides the chair, actual nuvaring, and umbrella) was animated. Anyway, when you spot it on the telly, you can keep that in mind. And even though I hated my wardrobe, I think it works b/c the animation stands out.

Today I have an audition for VIOLIA....I am to ride a bike. Yikes.

Oh, and I put another raw track from the album up on the homepage of my website. It's Silent Night. And I am so happy with the guitar.


3 comments:

Natasha said...

you are lucky that you were not with Greg last night. If he would have seen your "star" he would have dropped me and tried to follow her around all night. She is his favorite Actress and he got to see her in London. .. .I've never had a star sighting. . .always wanted one though. . . .

Kage said...

oh nat, it's only a matter of time....if you are in NYC

Anonymous said...

Love, love, LOVED the new track. You sound positively angelic. Have you ever though about Elphaba in Wicked? You really have the most perfect voice for her!

Congrats on the anniversary. What an accomplishment! I hope that with every passing year your love for each other only grows stronger.

xoxo.....