Sunday, August 06, 2006

Shooting for Nuvaring





August 2, 2006

The past 2 days have been a whirlwind. After a slow start on Day 1, we shot that commercial like rapid fire. We covered so much and it went by very fast. I loved the director's technique-he wasted no time on anything. I was memorized, which I am sure helped everyone. At one point, he called me the "precision queen" and chalked it up to my "broadway" training. That was nice to hear...took about 5 hours to prove that. Everything was shot on a green screen. There were about 30 crew behind the scenes. It was intimidating when I first stepped onto the set, bt I got over it fairly quickly (had no choice I guess).

For lunch we had steak and garlic mashed potatoes. Yum.

The day before the shoot, Carrie drove me to Pasadena via some road that would allow me to see a few sights. The first stand-out was the Jim Henson Company. A giant Kermit the Frog was perched on a building. I was dissappointed that I hadn't had my camera ready. The second thing we saw was the HOLLYWOOD sign from pretty far away. So, think of my delight when on day 1 of shooting, the PA drove me into the parking lot of the Jim Henson Company, which is also the old Charlie Chaplin Studio. Bonus. This for me, made the trip to CA all the sweeter because it was a very unique place to shoot. I also learned that there are a lot of recording studios there and Barry Manilow and Paul McCartney had both been spotted by my producer in the past. No such sightings for me though.

After being wrapped at 6 PM, I went home, got a quick bight to eat at the Newsroom and then soaked in a bubble bath...something I RARELY do (probably because I do not have a tub in my apt). I then slept very soundly until my 6:15 wake up call.

Day 2 was a quick start and a quick day. I did a few scenes in the morning, then waited around and read my book for a few hours until I was called back to do a few alternate lines that the legal department had suggested by way of avoiding some possible legal issues. I was wrapped around 3 PM.

I spent the afternoon at The Grove. The most exciting parts about this outing, depending on who you are talking to are the following: The complimentary car from the hotel took me there and picked me up, and that car was a Rolls Royce Phantom. I saw a few more celebs, 7th Heaven stars, Beverley Mitchell and George Stults. But a lot of people saw them because they were on a stage presenting Cheyenne Kimball for the kick off concert series of Summer at the Grove. Neither of these were as exciting (to me) as my haagen daaz ice cream that I ate while waiting for a ride back to the hotel.

I repeated the bath ritual and finished my book: Angels & Demons, which is better than DaVinci Code. I then fell asleep in the feathers of the Four Seasons and braced myself for the return of my very busy, non-Four Seasons life.

5 comments:

trimama said...

I love the Grove. I used to go to the original Farmers Market there with my Grandma. If you get a chance try the Brownies at The Farm topped with ice cream. Yum!

Kage said...

I saw a lot of interesting things listed at the farmers market, but never ventured in, shoot.

Anonymous said...

hello,i have a question,do you have some photos of beverley and george or a video,please answer.

thanks

Kage said...

Yes, I believe I do. email me at:
kristy@kristyglass.com
if you would like me to send you some....they are from VERY far away.

Anonymous said...

hello,i have you sent a e-mail.