Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Simplicity


I have this lazy habit of replacing a photo in the frame, and leaving the previous photo in the frame too. Now I kind of like it, because whenever I go to change the photo, I get a little slideshow of times past. Yesterday I went to put in a very delicious photo of my bambina, and I got a treat of seeing my two daughters touching noses, my sister in her wedding dress (b and w), and this photo of the three of us.

It was taken in 2003, and I had just recovered from viral meningitis, and my daughter and I were doing a test photo shoot for a photographer in Central Park. We ended up with some really fun frames that I really cherish. This one though, she snapped as we were walking to a new location. I love my husband in it, he looks so hot. And my little daughter was just coming into her own. I feel like I look very well in this picture, as just a few weeks earlier I was still laying on the couch with vertigo 24-7. It is a nice memory and that time of our lives when it was just the three of us. It's amazing how adding another can complicate things considerably, and cause much exhaustion. We love her, but the baby has put a small wrench in the rhythm (even 16 months later).

In other news I want to give a shout out to my parent's celebrating a monumental anniversary yesterday, as well as a big Happy Birthday to dear OLD Dad today. Wish I could be there to give you hugs.

And in case you are bored today, I added just two new pics to my website, from a recent photo shoot for a book cover. Thanks Chloe for shopping the one. They are in the print section and I am wearing bold anthropologie dresses, and the photos have quite a bit of movement to them. Enjoy.

No comments: