Thursday, August 10, 2006

V Talk


Today was a long day of video taping for the Nuvaring Website. It is going to be very cool, very interactive. If you don't like me, don't go there. It parallels the commercial, and is full of great information that you will find very useful if you are interested in learning more about Nuvaring.

There was SO much copy today. Lucky for me, they had a teleprompter, so I didn't have to think as much. I did really well with all the content until I started describing the difference between the outer vagina and the upper vagina. I lost it. I unexpectedly started laughing so hard that I fell to the ground and did not recover for a few minutes. I even shed a few tears. I think I could feel the energy of the entire crew as they were in awe that I had kept a straight face for THAT long. It was good to get the humor out in the open and over with so that I could move on and get the job done. I never thought that when I wanted to be an actor I would be discussing in detail, the female, well you know.

When I was trying to compose myself, I started a mantra that I often use when I have to perform and do NOT want to be in touch with my emotions (eg. funerals). At the last funeral I sang for, I said ketchup, mustard, hotdogs over and over. I know this sounds morbidly weird, but if I think about anything else I will lose it and be unable to sing. Anyway, today I said: ketchup, mustard, hotdogs (but hotdogs didn't sound right given the subject matter, so I changed it to), onion rings...Doh! Even worse. Now I had a visual of an onion ring instead of the nuvaring. I had to take a break....after a quick phone call to my daughter, I was able to finish the set, straight-faced.

Since my last commercial was for Playtex Tampons, I guess I have sort of found my niche? After two kids and 8 years of marriage, I guess you could say I am comfortable with V Talk...whatever pays the bills. My Dad will be so proud.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You have such a crazy life, K! I have to say that I tried the ring and really loved it for the convenience and all....and was sad to have to abandon that b/c method when the hormones started to make me ill.