Friday, September 29, 2006

Book Cover Queen

Yesterday I had a quick job in the morning for a book cover. Originally my agents had told me the title of the book was Queen of Babel. I googled Babel and I got things like Babel Fish, the cast and crew list for the 2006 film called Babel, starring Brad Pitt, and Dogs of Babel, which I read and it was good. For some reason, when I originally heard the title, I thought of something lusty and possibly romance-like. I couldn't be more wrong however, as most of the google searches taught me that babel is associated with language. I decided, after my non-lusty results, to try searching it on amazon. And there was no Queen of Babel, but there was a Queen of BabBle. AH....of course.

And yes, it turns out, that was the cover that I photographed yesterday, only for the paperback printing, since obviously, the hardcover is already finished. It was a face shot with me wearing a hat. It was fun and cute, and it will be a nice addition to my portfolio.

In other news, my friend marion called me last night pretty excited b/c while she was watching Grey's Anatomy, she saw my Nuvaring Commercial. My husband and I were just discussing how it doesn't come on any shows that we watch, but we immediately switched over to our tivoed Grey's, and finally saw it on a show that we watch! Yeah! That was fun.

5 comments:

Jen said...

We saw the commercial last night for the first time on Grey's Anatomy too....yeah!!!

I'll remind Ed about working on that other thing too. I just remembered we hadn't gotten back to you.

heather & fiona said...

HI Kristy -

I saw your commercial during GA last night too - I'm so impressed! It was really great. Congrats!

chloe said...

We saw it too last night on Grey's - my favorite show and my wonderful friend - what a great combo! I was excited!

tracy m said...

We've seen it 4 or 5 times now- lets see... During ER last week, during some comedy on Monday night, I thought once during the Today show in the morining- even my husband saw it- I told him he had to count how many times you said "vagina" !

You did a great job, by the way.

Bek said...

I saw it on Grey's too and again I thought "MAN she has a lot of doctor-ey stuff to say at the end...".

Great Job!