Monday, September 18, 2006

Boston: Then & Now




8 years ago when my husband and I were planning our honeymoon we both had an idea of where we should go. He brought up the subject one night as we were driving around in his little red eclipse. I had a certain idea, and I was hoping he would go along with it. He said: "How about Boston?" I could not believe my ears....that is where I wanted to go! Why? I don't know...it just came to me. You will see from the photo of me 8 years ago I was about 20 pounds heavier than I am now, and I was not the most secure with my appearance...the idea of sands, beaches, swimming, and most importantly SWIMSUITS...did not appeal to me...even though that seemed like a very honeymoonish thing to do.

The decision on where to honeymoon was probably one of the easiest we made together that first year. On that trip we fell in love with the city, and even today it doesn't take much arm-twisting to get us back, especially since we are now on the East Coast. This will be our third trip since we have lived in New York. Our first trip, 8 years ago we stayed in the Midtown Hotel. The location is great, the accomodations...not so much. Since then we have upgraded to places like the Radisson and this last trip the Marriott. MUCH nicer...let me just tell you.

Some of my fave places in Boston: Quincy Market, Beacon Hill, Public Garden, and Newbury Street. The city is clean, the air is fresh, and the accents....from another world. 8 years ago my BRAND new husband and I took the duck boats tour, apparently we were on the pink boat. We decided to take our little ones on that tour for old times sake. We rode in the Boston Red Sox duck...and it was such a nice tour of the city and the Charles River was just beautiful. Our girls loved it, and our four-year-old even got to drive the boat...she volunteered herself...we were surprised!

I did a little shopping and got this fabulous dress. Actually, they didn't have my size, so I picked it up at the NYC Lord and Taylor this afternoon,but seeing it in the window in Boston gave me the idea to buy it:


I love it. It will be great to perform in this holiday season. In all, our long weekend to Boston was just what the doctor ordered, and our little family had a great time and we feel refreshed. Now back to work/school/ballet class/chaos for us!

3 comments:

Rachel H said...

Hey- that's my dress! No, Just kidding! As soon as it came into our store I HAD to try it on, unfortunately it did nothing for me. Boo-hoo cuz how often does a G-coverin' evening/coctail dress come along? (okay coctails and G's don't really go together either..anyway)I want to see a pic when you wear it!

heidi said...

i saw that dress in a window a week or so ago (no concept of time..) but i thought it was just stunning... made us stop! you will be fabulous in it! perfect..
wishing you the best darling...
(talk about 20lbs overweight..... ug)

Kage said...

the best part of the dress are the pockets!