Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The worth of one frame

Every time Runway Moms airs, I get an email from someone, asking about my hair. And usually it is the same email verbatum...I feel like someone might be playing a trick on me. Dear Kristy, saw you on runway moms, love your hair, yada yada yada, will you send me several photos of you hair at all angles? It is so specific every time. I love it.

One of my emailers actually drove out to my salon and got her haircut by my guy. Isn't that crazy/fun? My latest hair fan is from Michigan. I am so grateful that she took the time to write to me because she found a tear sheet that I searched for for months. It is from a British Magazine, Junior Pregnancy & Baby.

I remember getting the job in a last-minute situation. I was working out the details of the booking WHILE I was on the set of another job. I had been wrangling all day, and then I was to go straight to this photoshoot with my baby. At one point in the day I was told that it was a topless nursing shot, and I expressed my discomfort with that to my agents, and after a few more conversations back and forth between them and the photographer, I agreed to do the shoot.

Though I knew I could draw the line at what I was and wasn't comfortable with, I still felt a little trepidation going into the shoot. It slowly dissipated however when I entered the dim studio with beautiful classical music playing. The set was a bed with white sheets and pillows. The photographer perched on a ladder high above the mattress that was on the floor. My baby and I got comfortable in the bed and nursed while listening to the music and being quietly photographed.

I fought back the wet tears (simply for makeups' sake), but I cried the entire shoot. My baby was 11 weeks old and it was the first time I realized that I loved her. Through the chaos of having another baby and keeping up with my schedule with two children, taping a reality show, and working quite a lot (for being postpartum), I had not had a chance to savor my little one. This photoshoot gave me a priceless opportunity, and lucky for me, the exact moment that I realized I had unconditional, boundless, wild love for my daughter was caught on film, for me to cherish and remember always, and I share that with you here:


3 comments:

chloe said...

This post brought a tear to my eye - what a sweet memory of O and a BEAUTIFUL picture.

TftCarrie said...

I think it's so great you found this picture. And in such a round-about-way too. It's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Dear Kristy, I will probably sound the same as any of the Runway Mom's fans, but I thought I would email and let you know that eventhough I like your hair a lot :) I just thought I would let you know that I admire how well composed you are for how incredibly busy you are. I am in my 8th month of pregnancy with a little girl, and I have a one and a half year old, so that is how you caught my attention... Just thought I would leave a comment and let you know that it is amazing to me to hear and read about other mom's going through the same type of thing that you are!
Sara