Thursday, September 07, 2006

Y2K Hair


As promised, the Hair Theme for this first week of September, continues. I watched Rosie O'Donnell's opening day on The View and she spoke about how much she regretted her haircut between television shows, and that she would forever have long and luxurious locks.

It reminded me of a little haircut I had in the year 2000. I had been searching and searching for a stylist to really CUT my hair, and I finally found a guy at Milios Tattoo & Hair Salon on Belmont in Chicago. He gave me the most awesome haircut EVER. They even asked me if I would do a photoshoot similar to the Candie's ones...sitting on a toilet with panties down, with my new haircut. Ummmmm......let me think about it......NO.

Anyway, this haircut totally liberated me. My self esteem was boosted a thousand percent, and I moved to Washington DC and started booking jobs...in the theatre, and everyone told me to grow my hair out already. My husband pretended to like it, but I am pretty sure he would never want me to return to this look. In fact, I cannot think of anyone in my life who loved this haircut, accept ME!

Below you will see my hair in the headshot that I gave out to hundreds of casting directors....hey it worked for DC!




1 comment:

Amber said...

You have a face that can support it. Many of us don't! I chopped all my locks when I was in seventh grade and have vowed to NEVER go back to that look. Of course, chances are assymetrical hair won't ever come back in style. :-)