Monday, October 16, 2006

Damn you Pampered Chef knife

October 16th....ahhhh, halfway through my cursed month. I was going to write that it is going pretty good, but let's face it, it hasn't gone well yet. It's a good thing I love October, or it would be very difficult to face it every year. If February was my cursed month, I would be sunk....all that cold and snow and nothing to look forward to but lame old Valentine's Day...

Yes, I swore yesterday, and on the Sabbath and everything. No, I don't swear much, and usually when I do it is not as benign as DAMN. But yesterday, that was the word that came out. I got these new paring knives from my friend's PC party. They are called quikut and they are not kidding. At first I thought they were really dull b/c I was having a difficult time cutting my cooked broccoli (for chicken and broccoli casserole, one of my faves), but then realized I was using the wrong side....ha ha ha. Turns out they are sharp little suckers.

For dinner, I decided the baby would enjoy a mango, and as soon as I started peeling it saw that it was not the ripest mango in the world. I decided to try my new paringf knife on it, and whoops, there went the tip of my finger. I am not sure what happened next, I think I just screamed a bunch. My husband came running to my aid and took care of everything. It took him a while to find ALL the blood.....my finger was gushing pretty good. I asked if I needed stitches and he didn't think so. It is not so much deep, as it is large. It is like a dime-sized piece of skin that I skimmed off the surface of my left pointer finger. HOLY OUCH!

So....I have never cut my finger like that...EVER....and it is because it's October. And that is why this stupid cold I have is going on 1 week old....I mean come on....a cold, lasting THAT long?

I have been listening to Oprah and Friends on XM radio, and I heard a tidbit from Dr. Maya Angelou on Saturday and she talked about whiners and complainers in her Dr. Maya Angelou very poetic way....but the basic gist was: Stop whining....at least you're alive. So, I am going to stop whining now that I have gotten it out, and look forward to the rest of my day, which includes my friend N-Dawg coming over to help me with some finishing touches on my totally rockin' awesome Halloween Costume.

4 comments:

D said...

ohhhhhh...

I think I'm going to faint...

tracy m said...

I have those little knives too, and they are sinister! And, I did the same thing when I got them (cutting with the wrong side, not cutting off the tip of my finger!)

Heal quickly...

Anonymous said...

I cut a dime-sized profusely-bleeding hole in my thumb on Saturday. But not on anything so nice as a PC knife.

And as for the cold, my mother-in-law always says that colds last a week if you don't take medicine, and they last seven days if you do.

Hope you are feeling better. :) My cut makes typing hurt, but oh well.

Kage's Mom said...

She didn't learn the "d-word" at our house!