Friday, October 27, 2006

It continues...

Yesterday was a rollercoaster of a day. First my baby was having "one of those mornings" that usually result from waking up prematurely (5:40 AM), and again, not having her precious bottle. After a lot of screaming and tantrumming, I decided that she would not accompany me on my adventures, and would instead go to the handy dandy day care down the street.

I explained to the teachers that she had a mild form of coxsackie virus, and not to worry about it. I was so happy to be free of her, and then the phone call came. A half hour later they called and said they had done some research and it is contagious for two weeks and to come get her. I almost started to cry. I was looking forward to a morning alone, and now I had to bring her with me.

Turns out, it was a blessing in disguise. My go-see was near Times Square and so I decided to stop by Toys R Us so that the baby could run around, and so that I could check out a few things for pre-Christmas shopping. We walked in and I picked up their SALE flyer, and found a few photos of kids I had wrangled. Then, as we walked through the store I remembered that my older daughter had done a Toys R Us job. I asked the sales girl about the product, and lo and behold...it was there in the store.

50 dollars later, I not only have my daughter, the stroller and my heavy handbag...but an awkward, large box of dress-up that I did not need. Why? b/c my daughter was on the box...

I had a plan though. I would take it home ever so carefully, scan the cardboard cover, snap a few photos of my daughter, and return it. Perfect. And that's what we did:


Then just about a half an hour after the photo was snapped, another call came. This time it was Martin at the Special Music School. I got that glunk in my stomach that happens to me whenever I get an unexpected phone call. Martin called to invite my daughter to a second "music class" at the Special Music School next Wednesday. Yup, the morning after Halloween folks, they really want to test her don't they!

I am so happy. And I am so glad that this is going so fast so that it can be over, and I can know her fate. I told her about it and she had a non-reaction. Just sat there and kept doing her homework. So, that's a good sign too.

3 comments:

chloe said...

WOW, so exciting for D. After this test what happens? Is it over? YAY!

Melissa said...

Congrats to D! Now when she is famous I can tell everyone "I had her in nursery!"

Kage's Mom said...

What a sweetheart!