Thursday, December 28, 2006

A few more gifts...

We just got home from our LONG trip away. Ok it was only 6 days, but that is long for us. Before we left I cleaned my entire house (750-SQ-FT apt). It was my Christmas gift to myself. Boy, was that a great gift. I walked into a spotless, sweet-smelling apartment. And now it is chaos again, 3 minutes after walking through the door. Oh well...

Then the UPS man rang. I did a little shopping online with a few gift certificates that I was given for Christmas, and my first package arrived tonight. I am really excited about a few items. I got this so cute trenchcoat, (in blue), this skirt, (in grey), and one very important element to this outfit (the one on the right) that one of my BFF's says screams VICTIM. I am ok with that...it just looks cozy and costumey to me. The sweater dress part arrived tonight, my bro and sis got me the bloomers (in dark grey, not the cream color shown), for Christmas, and I have tights, boots and a waffle to go with it. So fun.

I am looking forward to the rest of our new gifts to arrive so that my girls will be able to play with their new stuff, and so that we can get rid of some old to make room for some new...another gift to ourselves.

And finally, I had a conversation with a friend a while ago and I do not remember the specifics, but from it I have been determined to knit her a purple and orange scarf. I found the quirkiest, most random yarn that is mostly purple, with 3 inch hot orange sections on it. As a result, it knits up to be a purple and random orange-polkadot scarf. I am so happy I found it. I knit it during Pirates of the Carribean-Dead Man's Chest, and finished it off to Harry Potter. I am excited to give it to her as a HAPPY NEW YEAR gift.

No comments: