Monday, January 01, 2007

2007 Goals

There are so many they will bore you, really...but here is a little bit about goals this year.

I was feeling so down last week after the upper of Christmas...and then I started to think about how blessed I am to have all this time on the earth to be with my family and my children. I decided to try to live my life to the fullest, as if this was my last year on earth to live. I don't view it as a morbid thing, it just changes the worth of a day, a week, a month and a year. It makes it more valuable and more important. If I can trick myself into this perspective, then the rest of my days will be really grand. I know this is totally optimistic, but it is helping me to get motivated for 2007.

I made goals under the following categories: Personal, Career, Service and Family. As I already stated, many will bore you, so I will just share the highlights:

Personal:
I want to be nicer/kinder, especially to my family. When I get stressed out, they end up getting the brunt of it. I will be all polite and nice to the grocery clerk, and then come home and "throw up" on my husband. It's not fair. I would like to change this.

Career:
I would like to schedule some more appearances for December in hopefully Washington DC and California and Utah. I plan on starting to work on this in February...right around the corner.

I would also like to get a legit agent in time for Pilot Season, but since that is also right around the corner, I might need to shift this goal to the middle of the year when I start submitting my resume for NEXT year's pilot season.

Service:
I really enjoyed Mt. Sinai Idol last year. It would be nice to do another round of that, and possibly extend my service there to include some storybook readings etc.

I would like to start researching how I might start a theatre organization for children in my area (the area I will be moving some time soon this year), and perhaps partner with a local theatre group there...this idea has kept me up the past few nights...need to look into it.

Family:
Daughters are always on the list. I am always looking for ways to build our relationships. They are getting older now so this is more rewarding and interesting. I want to research ways in which a 2 and 5 year old can serve, and hopefully we can all do that together.

Summer. This season was my downer last year so I want to be prepared this year. I am going to research all the free/inexpensive stuff: free movies, beaches, museums, theatre, zoos, parks, county fairs, berry picking, pools, etc. and have stuff ON the calender so that I don't go crazy, and they get their energy out.

LIMIT computer time. This is going to be hard for me. I need to figure out a good way to do it. I am a little bit addicted when I have a day at home...

So..those are some highlights. There are many more...I will not reach them all, but setting goals is also sort of the way I begin to organize my year, and it helps me to get everything in that I want to get in...otherwise time, Oprah, agents and the web steal it away from me!

Happy New Year!

No comments: