Friday, January 12, 2007

Freaky Friday

I just realized that I totally missed Third Person Thursday....DRAT! So, instead I will have a Freaky Friday...named simply because it will be a freaky post of utter randomness.

Item #1. Why must the milk go sour? In NYC all bottles of milk have this: EXP Jan. 20th, in NYC Jan. 14th.
Why?
My friend and I were discussing this the other day...and I decided it must just take a few extra days to get the milk to NYC or something, and maybe it isn't ideally refrigerated, and it goes sour sooner.

In the past year I feel that 1 of 7 or 8 of my milks either goes bad REALLY quickly or is bad to begin with. This morning it was, and so now I am hungry b/c my breakfast is a CARNATION INSTANT BREAKFAST.

Item #2. Yesterday was a marathon day. My girls spent the entire afternoon with me going to auditions, and we got home so late, that this morning I discovered that my daughter didn't get her homework done. Whoops. I am also sore in my calves, and I think that was from the 12 flights of stairs that I went DOWN after my last audition because of the long line waiting for the slowest elevator in town (39 W 19th St.)

Item #3. After meeting with a legit agent yesterday, I now have to get new headshots done (I mean, taken, reproduced, on the desk, ready) in 2 weeks. But really I only have one week since I am leaving for Arizone tomorrow. I also have to start taking dance once or twice a week, and beef up my audition book (adding lots of POP songs).

Item #4. I'm going to Arizone tomorrow? You've got to be kidding me...! When am I going to pack? WHAT am I going to pack? What are we even going to do there? I have absolutely NO PLAN. And I am on hold for a job for two of the days I am there, which means I need to have a back up plan in my back pocket.

Item #5. I have a callback today for the Toy Fair job that is 9 days in a row, and after much thought I have decided that it just doesn't make fiscal sense for me to do it. The pay is not the best, so if you subtract my agency fee and babysitting money from it, plus the 7 business days of auditions I will miss out on, I just don't think this job is for me.

Item #6. I have this annoying cold that is like RIGHT in my throat, making it difficult to have a clear sounding speaking voice, and forcing disgusting mucusy coughs all day long.

Item #7. I just read this post back and it seems to have a bit of a negative tone, but I am not feeling that negative, just a little overwhelmed I guess.

Item #8. A producer-type person called yesterday asking if I was available to go to Miami for two days to wrangle for Ralph Lauren. Random. I still don't have the official offer, but Miami sounds good.

Item #9. Condo update. I heard that the temporary occupancy certificate will be issued for our condo in a few weeks, which might mean we are in the place by end of Feb/March. Everything on our end is complete, and our furniture fund is growing, so I might be able to buy one gallon of paint at this point!

Item #10. I am going out to eat tonight with my husband and some friends. We are going to try a restaurant in our new 'hood. It should be fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristy

I received your CD today and it totally took my breath away (I even shed a few tears)!!

My son had his MMR injections yesteray (I don't know if you have these in the states or not) but it is a triple vaccine against Measles, Mumps and Rubella. Anyway over the past few years this triple vaccine has raised some contraversy about possible links between the triple and autism (of which absolutely no evidence has been proven). Anyway after much research and sole-searching Ben had them yesterday morning. He was a real trooper and didn't even cry when the needle went in (I think I was more affected than him!) Anyway he's been a little under the weather today which is to be expected after any vaccination but moreso with a triple. Well, when your CD arrived I thought we'd have a little listen whilst he went down for his lunch-time nap. Suffice to say, by the time Ben went to sleep I was in tears. A mixture of my emotions being so close to the surface this past day and the beautiful words and music.

Thanks so much for getting it to me so quickly. It's really appreciated.

Anne x

Lynn Gibson Johnson said...

Kristy,

I don't know if you remember me, but I was in YNS and Saturday's Warrior with you back in the day! I also loved my fist music experience in YNS and will never forget the positive influence it was on my life. Anyway, my sister saw your Nuvaring commercial and found your website and told me about how cool it was. I have LOVED reading about your adventures and admire you so much. You sound like a fabulous mother and I am amazed at all that you are involved in. Your blog is so uplifting, funny, and inspiring. You are truly gorgeous (as you always have been) in your pictures and listening to your "Silent Night" with the Naperville Men's Glee Club on your blog gave me the chills. I am going to try to order your Christmas CD today and hope that you will make another one soon! Anyway, I am so happy for your successes and I wish you luck in NYC. Thanks for letting us share in your experiences by posting your blog. I also love your comments and advice on handling motherhood. I am the mother of 4 kids under age 6 (including a newborn baby girl) and it's been quite the marathon so far. But I love it and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Hope all is well and best wishes in your busy schedule.

~ An old friend from Naperville!

Kage said...

anne, thank you. I am so glad you enjoyed it, even after the season. I hope Ben recovers well.

lynn g-j, of course I remember you. I cannot believe you have 4 kids. W-O-W. Thanks for reading....and feel free to comment anytime. You guys both might like reading TALES From the CRIB...just click on it on the right sidebar.
cheers.