Friday, February 02, 2007

Family History

My grandmother emailed me some background information about her mom in the dress...

From her email:

"There you were again wearing the dress and also there was a picture of my Mom. What a fun surprise that was. It took me back to 1945 in Logan, Utah, at Max Brunson's Studio where that picture was taken. I was with her. She was 45 years old. I liked that dress so well that sometimes I borrowed it and wore it on a special date. I remember the year because I was year book editor my junior year (1945) and Max took all the class pictures and I worked with him all year. I talked Mom into coming to Logan and having him take her picture. He took at lot of me when I was in college. I don't know how you got it and am not even sure I have one but I did recognize it immediately. Most our family portraits had been done by Mr. Compton in Brigham City. Being as home cameras didn't do so well in those days most everyone had to go to the photographer every few years for a decent picture. Anyway it gave me a lot of pleasure to see. You look darling in the dress with the polka dot hose by the way. She and my Dad would have enjoyed seeing you bringing it up to present day fashion standards. Just thought I needed to tell you have much it meant to me to see her and you in the same dress and side by side in print.."


1 comment:

jlk said...

Oh! I thought that looked like Gammy...