Monday, April 23, 2007

Dachshunds Everywhere

For Earth Day, (and the most beautiful weather day we have had in 2007), we headed down to the annual Dachshund Spring Fiesta at Washington Square Park, sponsored by the Dachshund Friendship Club.


We saw hundreds of Dachshunds. It was QUITE a sight. Speckled, smooth, red, black, wire-haired, long-haired, regular-sized, minis, puppies, fat, skinny...you name it, we saw it. I grew up with dachshunds in my house. First Barney, and then Chloe. Chloe is actually a very energetic 10-year-old who still lives with my parents. She HATES everyone but her immediate family, but somehow my baby was the Chloe-whisperer this past Christmas, and they became friends.


My girls, especially the younger one, were in HEAVEN, meeting all the doggies. My husband looked at me and said: "It's like we're at a petting zoo."

This activity of course prompted us to discuss the possibility of getting a pet. My husband wants a Great Dane. I said, MAYBE (HUGE maybe) one day we can get a few Chihuahuas. We all gave suggestions of what we would name our dog. Jason Glass said BUD, DD said Kaylee, and I said Roxy. I am pretty sure NONE of us are on the same page when it comes to the possibility of a pet. So, for now, we will just enjoy everyone else's pets.





Some notes on the photos. The couple pictured above have t-shirts about the event. It's a dachshund UNDER the arch that is at Washington Square Park. Their dachsie is named Lin. The puppy kissing the baby was the most beautiful dog there: A 4-month-old, chocolate brown..simply gorgeous. The very first photo was taken of the most unique dachshund...some sort of speckled...also very beautiful. My girls of course loved when the dogs were dressed up, preferrably in flowers, jewels or anything pink.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

So fun! I also always has at least one dachshund growing up. I wish I would have know about that!

Anonymous said...

Great Danes are actually great city dogs. They are LAZY! :)