Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Can't Stop Thinkin' 'Bout

ROLLERBLADING!

I made a budget. I stuck to it. I managed to get both my daughters and me outfitted in full rollerblading attire, 2 bucks under budget. Well, ALMOST...I still have to win my last ebay auction tonight!

I grew up roller skating and then switched to blading. I used to skate around and around in my garage to STARLIGHT EXPRESS. I think that is where my theatrical dreams were born....skating in my garage.

I LOVE ROLLERBLADING. I tried to get my husband into it, but he has had several knee surgeries, so he is a little cautious. I have only had a few minor lacerations to my knee caps...before the days of me wearing protective gear.

I used to LOVE rollerblading along the lake front in Chicago. In New York, besides just a little jaunt around the hood, I basically just bladed to and from the gym....even in the rain....and even when I was pregnant. Is that bad?

I finally turned in the old blades b/c they were just plain worn out.

I have been COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS when I would pick it up again, and the day has come. I have found 2 PERFECT places to teach my girls to rollerblade, within a few short blocks of our new condo....and after a few months of training, I am hoping to graduate to Central Park!

I think the 5-year-old will love it....and I know the 2-year-old will too, but she might get frustrated when she is only allowed the MY FIRST SKATES that clip on and have lockable wheels...oh well, I think she will love the Barbie wrist guards and helmet!

This is my Mother's Day gift to myself, and I can't wait for everything to arrive and to get OUT THERE....I seriously can't stop thinking about it! WHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee....


4 comments:

Natasha said...

Starlight express. . .my favorite musical! Also, rollerblading is a great activity! Hurrah for introducing the girls!

Amber said...

I grew up ice and roller skating so blading was a natural switch for me, too! And like your hubby, mine has bad ankles so I do it solo.

Actually, the last time I was in New York we roller-bladed Central Park. Almost killed myself on a few of the hills but overall it was a fantastic way to explore. Hurray for you and your girls!

TftCarrie said...

How fun!! I can't wait to see all of you decked out.

DH and I once rollerbladed from the Statue of Liberty Park (don't know the real name) to our apartment which was then on 120th St. It was an awesome adventure.

PamperingBeki said...

I'm too chicken to try rollerblading! Bad, huh?

I did love rollerskating when I was a kid, though and I think I'd love it again now.