Sunday, May 27, 2007

Condo Adventures: Roof Deck


I am not complaining, but something is seriously UP with our internet. We have a guy coming, but not for like 5 LONG DAYS. Oh well. Pretend that you can see a beautiful photograph of the Manhattan skyline from Queens, looking over the East River, with the Empire State Building toward the left, with it's lights RED, WHITE and BLUE. And the photo is in focus...added bonus. For some reason this PARTICULAR photo, does not want to upload with the slow internet. But lucky for you, I got a few others to upload, and you can see them if you click on READ MORE!

We had our first party last night. It was a going-away for our dear friends, but sort of a housewarming too, since it was our first one. By the time the party started, I felt like I did at the Thanksgiving Dinner table last year...SPENT. I had been cleaning and baking ALL DAY. I started in the morning, and was still last minute in getting everything ready for the evening. When the party was over, I was like: What just happened? Did I talk to everyone? Was I even there? It was crazy.

I had many party peops bring some of my friends' favorite New York Foods to the party. Astoria Pizzeria Pizza, Chipotle Guacamole, Crumbs Cupcakes, Dale & Thomas Popcorn, Chat n Chew Mac n Cheese, Red Vines (not NY), to name a few. There was food everywhere. There were people everywhere. At around 8 I rounded everybody up to the roof deck that was JUST finished a few days earlier. We ate chocolate chip cookies while we watched the sunset and the kids played on the hammock. It was so lovely, the weather, the company, the cookies (but only 2 for me....cholestrol and all).



The roof deck is truly an added bonus to this place. It is so peaceful up there, and clean. The realist New Yorker in me is saying: I hope it STAYS that way. I wish we were going to be here on the 4th to see the Fireworks, but we will have many more chances over the years to see them from that rooftop, and I am SO looking forward to making those memories.

9 comments:

gramakas said...

What a fabulous view!! Truly spectacular!

Suzanne said...

ok-I am officially jealous! You have a great apartment and a roof deck with great views of the city?!! Amazing!

TftCarrie said...

So sad I missed the going away party. At least I will be able to say Hello to her on this end of the move!

What a great roof deck. A really great bonus for sure.

Lacey said...

I'm a lurker, but confused, so I'm asking a question.
Is the roof deck just yours, or do you share it with the people in the building? As to why it might not stay clean.

Very beautiful. I'm a Vegas girls myself so I love tall building with lights.

My husband and I keep our eyes peeled for adds that have you. I don't remember all of them, but if finds the one of you pregnant for Burlington's baby depot fascinating and I spotted you twice in a hair magazine.

Lacey said...

let me do a quick correction. buildings and he finds the one of you pregnant fascinating.

Kage said...

We all share the roof deck: 52 units in the building...

kates said...

Wow... that's amazing! So beautiful. Plus... no yardwork, I'm currently VERY jelous!

Keryn said...

You look so beautiful in that picture--a perfect hostess! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that adorable sundress?

Kage said...

keryn, it's a vintage lanz....my mom's from the 70's...