Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Condo Adventures: SHADES

My husband keeps calling them blinds. I love him, but they are called Shades. He doesn't like them open, only closed. I am the opposite. However, I did like them at night when it was dark and you could see the full color of the blinds. I got light-filtering, so by day they are almost transparent. And they help to keep the condo cool...

While the kids were away, I did another little painting project. Just an accent of green to break up ALL THAT WHITE.

Still to go:
Light fixtures in family room, girls room, kitchen and 2 more in the bathrooms.
Girls room rug, chandelier, and curtains. Their bunkbeds will be arriving in a few weeks. If you click on the link, the drawers are all white (not yellow) and the knobs are white, not cartoony. I also need to decide on their bedding and paint. Right now I am considering the wall behind the bunk beds to be wallpaper. I would love something funky like this, but we'll see...
I already have one of these quilts, that I think will fit well on the full-size bottom bunk, so I need to figure out what's going on the top and sheets and everything...








5 comments:

E-Dawg said...

Love the bunk beds. No 6k ones, huh? Probably a good decision. Can't wait to see it all in person!

Gedde Adventures said...

Aw it looks so great!

Linz said...

I like the green paint A LOT.

chloe said...

Ooooo, love the green accent wall!

I picked out those same bunk beds for my kids - the drawers in the stairs are ingenious!

Katie said...

Where did you get the shades? I love them, and I am looking for some...