Saturday, May 19, 2007

Distinguished Alumnus

A week ago Wednesday night, I was inducted as Waubonsie Valley High School's Most Distinguished Alumnus. My high school has been around about 30 years, and they started this award about 10 years ago. It was quite surreal being in the high school where I used to spend SO much time in. It was fun to show my daughter where my locker was, and where I performed in the school musicals.

I feel like my speech went well. I got a standing ovation, so that must have meant something. I saw a few of my former teachers, and we all look a bit different, 10 years later. The principal awarded me with a wooden plaque and medal, and an emerald necklace. Our school colors are green and gold. I think my favorite part was when I thanked them for the gifts by singing our High School Theme Song in the microphone, and encouraging everyone to join in. W-A-R-R-I-O-R-S, Warriors! Warriors! Fight Team Fight!


My plaque is the one on the far right.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Congratulations! Oh and I love your new picture on the top, lol. :)

Joy said...

Love the new header! :)