FYI...not sure if you're aware of this, but I just read a newspaper about CFL's. It was a warning about them because they have mercury inside, and if dropped and broken, they must be disposed of not just in the trash but with the help of someone who is trained in cleaning up chemical spills. And if it gets on anything, then that item needs to be completely disposed of...so if it gets on your carpet, you have to completely get rid of it...etc...isn't this crazy? I had no idea that there was mercury inside of CFL's, but I can tell you that I won't be purchasing any in the near future. Maybe they could change them so that they wouldn't include mercury? Bummer that something that is supposed to be so earth friendly could end up being not earth friendly at all...I just remembered that you had written about "going green" and so I wanted to let you know.
Post a Comment