This past week I:
1. took the stairs going down (I live on Floor 5), as much as possible.
2. Did not take my metrocard or ATM receipt.
3. Said NO to a bag whenever I could slip my item in my purse, or otherwise carry it.
4. Bought a new vaccuum that requires no bags.
5. Did not put any of my produce in bags at the supermarket.
6. Reused bags from GAP and Urban Outfitters until they were unusable.
7. Used my cloth towels to do most of the cleaning, as opposed to paper towels.
8. Continued Potty Training. If the babe is potty-trained soon, then I will have spared the landfills a year of diapers. And using 1 or 2 pull-ups a day is less waste than 5 or 6 diapers.
And I realized that my favorite pass-the-time-while-we-wait-for-the-airplane game is GREEN. My daughters and I walk around and collect the newspapers and bottles that people have left, and make sure they make it to the recycling bins.
This next week I plan on reusing a box that someone was getting ready to throw out, and send some clothes to my niece and sister, so that they get some RE-use!