Thursday, May 17, 2007

Harry Potter

So, yesterday I decided that I better make sure my Harry Potter book plan was on schedule. I saw on my counter that there were 65 days until the book comes out. I JUST started book 5, so I checked out the number of chapters in Book 5 and then Book 6, and there were 68. I had just finished Chapter 3 of Book 5, which leaves 65 chapters. Spooky. 65 chapters. 65 days. Whoa. So, I am going to read a chapter a day, b/c I have not had a break between the books (except Book 1 to Book 2, a little thing called MARCH got in the way), and I like that.

My husband thinks I should read more than a chapter a day when I have a chance because I am bound to get behind....but he needn't worried. I am pretty dedicated to this plan.

I have been theorizing with a friend, he's 9, and I told him I think Harry is going to die in the last book. He told me that's what his mom thinks too. I talked to his mom and she further hypothesized that if Harry doesn't die, then she thinks Snape is going to die saving him. Hmmmm....interesting. I can't WAIT to see what happens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Though I'm a music teacher my students know how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE H.P.

Here's a quote that I have posted on a bulletin board in my classroom that I think you would enjoy:

"Ah Music! A magic beyond all we do here!"
- Professor Dumbledoor
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

I'm counting down the days too! :)
xoxo

Natasha said...

What you need to do is hurry up and read book 5 so you can LISTEN to book 6. I LOVE books on CD, or books on i-pod. . .that way I can clean and read, or exercise and read, blow-dry my hair and read. . . you get the point!

Happy Harry Pottering!