Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Oh Suh-NAP

I went to the allergist tonight. The good news is, my regime is working: Claritin and Flonase in the morning, Singulair and Netti Pot at night. The bad news is I have high LDL and high total cholestrol. Like, LOTS OF POINTS too high. WHAT?

Okay, it's actually not totally and completely shocking. I have not been maintaining my exercise levels of years gone by, and I am eating more crappy foods. I still eat good-for-me foods, but I have let the crappy come in.

When I was a kid, I used to think eating one potato chip would blow me up like that aunt in Harry Potter book #3. Now, I am okay with chips. My real vice though is chocolate and ice cream. I am pretty sure that is why my cholestrol is creeping up.

So, even though I am not overweight or obese, I need to take Bob Greene's advice, EAT LESS (crap), MOVE MORE....and seriously, seeing those numbers is WAY more motivating than seeing my cellulite! I want to live long and well, I don't much care if I have the dimples in my various areas!

HOWEVER, it will have to wait until after my job tomorrow. (YES I GOT A JOB!) It's an industrial for Listerine Whitening Strips. Don't tell them I have fake teeth. SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

2 comments:

amydc said...

Congrats on working tomorrow. I found your blog from Heidi's while voting for you about savvy moms on PBS. You seem like a real sweetheart & your girls are cute. Your fake teeth are the bomb! I always feel bad when I wear my Austin Powers-like grill. I worked in a dental office for 8 years & believe me, there are a lot of people out there who have waay worse teeth than the fake bad ones.

knittingirl said...

Have you ever had your thyroid checked?? Sometimes your cholesterol and LDL can elevate due to thyroid problems...
Rhonda