Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Vagina! Vagina! Acadia!

May 29, 2007

Apparently in my template edits, I have lost the dates to my posts. Weird. Until I retrieve that, I will just date the posts WITHIN the post...how about that?

Since it is late, and the narrative of my day is not quite coming to my brain, I will merely point out what I found interesting about today.

1. Today around 10 my daughter got cranky. Normally I would put her down for a nap, BUT I had an 11:20 appointment and thus needed to leave at 10:45, plus her crib has been carted off, so I thought she might have a difficult time getting to sleep for a power nap on her handy dandy aerobed that is set up in her room (until we get the bunkbeds). My solution was to try something I had never before. I said: "Little one, why don't we tuck you into your stroller and you can fall asleep there." She TOTALLY went for it. I strapped her in, gave her her blankie and Ellie (pink stuffed elephant), and she fell asleep in there while I did the last minute things that I needed to do. Then I just strolled her to the subway like that, sleeping all the while. Unfortunately she woke up while on the 7, but it was a new idea that worked!

2. Today I had 2 auditions and a go-see. The first was for Valtrex. I was playing a rollerblading girl talking about how great it is to control my genital herpes outbreaks. Since that area is my niche, I asked when the callback was, even before I auditioned....I was just curious. I really hope I get it, because admitting you have herpes on television = BIG BUCKS.

My go-see was for the cover of Hallmark magazine, and if they are reading this right now, they probably won't hire me. Oh well.

My second audition was a last minute. They wanted me in business attire, but I was already out, and wearing a very summery outfit, so I said, I would go, but I wouldn't look quite right. It was for Monistat....so here's the weird thing: My daughter plunked down next to this woman and became very interested in her comp cards. I was trying to SAVE the comps from imminent destruction, so I got a good look at her face. Then I went up to the sign-in to check out the mock-up commercial (they often have little graphics in frames to show you the commercial from start to finish. Sometimes they use stock photography to give you an idea of what they are looking for), and I was like: Wow, that girl looks a lot like the girl whose comp cards I just rescued. So, I asked her, and she said that was her, that she IS the Monistat girl, she is from North Carolina, flying up to RE-audition for the Monistat spot. Well, of course I was like: WHY AM I EVEN HERE? if the Monistat girl HERSELF is here? Bizarre-O

3. I am singing in a concert on Monday night for a composer friend of mine, and tonight's rehearsal went really well. I am very excited to sing with these fine singers in a very fine space, with very fine music. I hope that a lot of people get to partake in it on Monday night....see my website for details.

4. My DH brought home our new car tonight. Every year we get a new one. Unfortunately all of my green efforts are cancelled out by our big giant SUV, but it's (almost) free for us and basically our only option. It's the new GMC Acadia. I have only caught a small glimpse of it, but I get to drive it out to Jersey tomorrow for a wrangling job, and we are taking a ROAD TRIP to South Bend, Indiana and back on Fri/Sat, so I will be getting VERY comfortable with it soon.


8 comments:

Lacey said...

Can I just ask where can I have my husband sign up for work if we get an almost free new car each year?
But I hate to admit he does not like American cars and especially SUVS or trucks, though he thinks American trucks are made better than American cars.
Also he works on computer systems in the higher education field so I'm sure he does nothing even similar to what your husband does, though I still wouldn't an almost free car.

Rachel H said...

Hey- if you are going through Columbus, Oh you can make a rest stop at my house! =)

Kage said...

lacey....it's ALMOST free...it's a great deal. And of COURSE he works for GM! But, not in the we make cars side, the we manage GM's assets side. Otherwise we would probably be in Detroit or elsewhere...

Rachel, THANKS for the offer. We are driivng near Cleveland and as my DH just said to me: "peeing in cups the whole way" We just have to GET THERE as fast as we can, b/c we are turning around the nex day and doing it again....literally a 2 day road trip, with about a 12 hour stop in IN

Melissa said...

Why are you going to South Bend? Did you become a Notre Dame fan? Ky and I drove to South Bend for a weekend for the BYU game a few years ago...LONG drive, but we didn't have kids.
Your va-jay jay niche is funny...do you put that on your resume?

marian said...

The title of this post makes me LAUGH.

Kage said...

South Bend is for my mom's marathon....

marion, I aim to make you laugh...

HannahRae said...

I don't want to know how many hours that road trip is going to take. Brave parents!

margo said...

That's awesome kage that you're going to support your mom. Give her a high five and a BIG hug from me!