Thursday, June 21, 2007

Condo Adventures: BUNK BEDS






Getting the bunk beds here has been a bit of a fiasco. On Monday I had this thought enter my brain, as if someone was talking to me: "Good thing those bunk beds are coming on Wednesday, too bad the mattresses won't be delivered with it!" I stopped. I thought. I realized that the mattresses and the bunk beds were two separate orders at the warehouse. During the fiasco I was only referencing the bunk beds, assuming that the two orders were together, and as a result had ONLY scheduled one of the two orders to be delivered. I called them up and they added the mattresses to the delivery. Whoosh. I would have been really mad. Ah TENDER MERCIES...

The night the bunk beds came was the first night in history that my daughter got her pajamas on and brushed her teeth without being asked, because she was SO EXCITED to go to sleep in her new bed.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Those look like the coolest beds of all time.

Linz said...

I am LOVING the stairs. What a fabulous idea! This is awesome.

Allyson said...

Are the stairs drawers too? If so, that's a brilliant use of space!

Kage said...

yes, stairs are drawers and there is a giant drawer under the full bed. I just threw out an entire dresser (that had recently broken) after the bed arrived, and I still haven't filled up the cubbies that hid UNDER the steps on the left side (if you are looking at the bed). It's big, but of all the bunkbeds we researched, the most ingenious for small spaces, and now guests can stay with us in the full bed if they so desire.

Jen said...

I looked at yours when we were bunkbed shopping and fell in love....we went with a ladder though...and the boyz love to climb it like the monkeys they are....yeah for bunk beds!!!