Sunday, June 24, 2007

EHarmony.com

June 24, 2007

I had my first online meet-up this weekend.

Ever since I entered the blogging world back in December 2005-has it really been 18 months? crazy..., I have met a lot of new people ONLINE.

There is one online friend in particular that I have found a lot in common with. Her name is Rachel, and you can visit her blog here.

She came to NYC a while back and we tried to meet, but it didn't really work out. On Friday, I tried all afternoon to make it happen, and I just got too bogged down with auditions and I couldn't make it work. So yesterday after my audition for Voices of Ascension, and picking up some summer chapter read-aloud books for the kids, I finally met up with her and her BFF Lisa from Connecticut.

We had SUCH an easy time talking to each other as we have kids the same age, we go to the same church, and we love makeup and girlie stuff. Here is the weirdest coincidence. Lisa and Rachel met in Columbus, OH in 2000 while their husbands were in school there. My husband got accepted there to begin in 2000 and we had decided on there, and made the announcement and made plans to go. Sort of last minute, everything changed and we ended up in MD, but it was almost like we were DESTINED to be friends....b/c we would have met about 7 years ago. Weird huh?

It was nice to be with some good midwest girls over some Vermont-Cheddar mac n chees, yes of course I had to take them to Chat N Chew.

We parted ways because I had to get home, but it was such fun to meet some new friends IN THE FLESH and not through my keyboard.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Yay for friends!

tracy m said...

I met one of my best friends through my blog- seems to be the way of the world now.

It was a little wierd at first, but ended up being fantastic.

Yay for bloggin mama's!

Rachel H said...

Just posted my bloggin' "journal" entry about my trip to NYC- and meeting a new friend was definately a great highlight! =)
Rachel