Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Surprise

June 20, 2007

How is it possible that I am surprised twice in a week!? Monday night I exited my apartment to deposit my recycling in the refuse closet, and there on my door handle was this sign that said TOUCH OF GLASS. It was attached to my FAVORITE Garrett's Popcorn, which is brand new to NYC, but an old hometown of Chicago favorite. When you get it, because now you have to, get the MIX. There are lines AROUND THE BLOCK at Garrett's in Chi-town, and here, not more than one customer at a time in the store. Crying shame. New Yorkers just don't get it. Go taste it. Anyway, THANKS to my friends J and J for that unexpected treat.


Currently I am awaiting what feels like a gajillion packages from various internet shopping, and I have been BUGGING my doorman: Did the package come? Any packages for me? Anything for (insert apt. # here)? Hey, did UPS come yet? Have you seen the postman this morning? blah blah blah.

So, I finally got the call: A package came! And it was NOT what I was expecting, instead I opened up this envelope to find this cutely wrapped package, and IN the package was an apron. Now, aside from admiring these aprons from my aunt's blog, this apron means so much to me because it is the second one I have owned my whole life. I have had this dowdy brown one that I got at a bridal shower almost 10 years ago, and never replaced it. So, now I can cook in style...or shall I say heat-up in style!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Very cute apron! I love packages in the mail...*sigh*

Denise Gibb said...

So I was totally surprised today to be watching Runway Moms today and see you! I don't know you personally, but I'm one of the many scrapbookers that read our cousin Heidi's blog & recognized you from a picture she posted a few months ago. How cool! Loved the episode...you have such an amazing job!