Monday, June 18, 2007

This weekend: Renegade

June 17, 2007

So, after about 3 hours, and an amount of money that will remain unwritten, I felt very satisfied by my experience at the Renegade Craft Fair this past weekend.

I bought:

A pendant like this, only yellow and the letter K...of course.

Cufflinks like this, only a J and G for my DH's initials: Father's day gift.

This darling mousepad.

This mirror (it was my second choice for the mousepad.)

For the girls room, I got a bear on green and an elephant on turquoise, 10 inchers. My girls are obsessed...one with bears the other with elephants. They will look so cute.

I got a hat kind of like this one for my 5-year-old...they were selling them for 20 bucks....NOT 110. And one like this one for the little one, but it is blue with brown mo-hawk. Also 20 bucks. They LOVED them.

I also found an artist who had this awesome 4' x 2' painting. I asked if she would custom make one that was 4' x 4' and she would for a good price. She gave me her business card and I CAN'T find it. I have been reading UP and DOWN the list of vendors that were at the craft fair, and I just can't figure out who she is. I will just have to go one by one and type in the websites and hope I find her....

My friend got one of these super cool clutches.

I also got a really cool embellised short-sleeved bright green sweatshirt...but no web link to that. If you are ever in the hood, you should check it out.

I would have more pix of the ACTUAL stuff, but the battery of my camera is running low and I lost the charger and I am waiting for the new one to come, and my daughter's pre-k graduation show is tomorrow, so I have to save the battery. sorry.

After the fair, my clutch friend and I dragged our families down to the Southstreet Seaport for Children's Day. We saw a very loud Barney, the dinosaur concert, and one song from John Lithgow and his band before the clouds opened and rain descended upon us.

We then attempted dinner in the totally swamped food court. We had to fight for tables and chairs, and one woman was so stubborn about losing the fight that 8 of us (our entire party) crowded around two small tables with the woman sitting right there with us, whilst her two small grandchildren and grown daughter hovered over us. Sorry, 4 kids under the age of 5 and 4 adults trumps you guys...she ordered stinky stinky fish sticks, I am sure just to spite me. It was.........interesting. The misadventures continue!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Glad you had fun at the Renegade Craft Fair... it was amazing! I just downloaded all of my pics on Flickr. I have a ton of cards from all of the vendors... let me know if there is anything I can do to help you figure out who was selling the picture that you liked.

Wendy Lee said...

Hi! Its me, the girl from Renegade who was going to do the custom 4 x 4 piece. My name is Wendy Allegree. My website is www.orangewillow.com. My email address is wendy@orangewillow.com. I was registered at the fair under greenglee which I no longer do business under so you wouldn't have been able to find me! Thank goodness I stumbled across your blog post. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kage said...

How rad is the internet? all I had to do was post about it and wendy found me! I can't wait to save my pennies and commission my art!!! Talk soon.

Little Miss said...

You are such a doll! I need to get one of those clutches too!

I have so much fun reading your blog and checking out all your photos-- and while I like to read the stories, I have to be shallow and just say I LOVE YOUR HAIR.

you have inspired me to get another drastic haircut-