Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Gradually Going Green



I finally got to the green market in my very own neighborhood, this past weekend. This is the haul. It wasn't that much either. The girls are loving the peaches (I'm allergic). The corn was so delicious and sweet, tomatoes perfect, with a little of that fresh basil, mozzarella and chunky salt. MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....Those cucumbers were a steal at 3 for a dollar. My kids inhale cucumbers.


My other green moment was at Target yesterday when I bought some new dish towels. They are 100% Organic, and only $3.99 each I think. They are the perfect green color to match the paint in the condo, so it was a great purchase over all. Last night I noticed my director had a Harry Potter bag (I had seen several walking around the party on Saturday) and I expressed interest in inheriting it upon his completion with it, so that I can use it for groceries...so let's hope I'm successful...he seemed willing to part with it, but I have a few doubts since he is on his second time through book 7 already!

4 comments:

Brenchley Family said...

what exactly is a "green market"? I did a wikipedia search and it didn't bring up anything . .

Kage said...

"Greenmarket, a program of the Council on the Environment of New York City, has organized and managed open-air farmers' markets in the city since 1976, and currently runs some 50 produce markets in the city, said its director, Tom Strumolo."

Check out Green Markets in NYC too.

When it's called a green market, it doesn't necessarily mean everything there is organic, but what's green about shopping there is that it takes far less energy to obtain...the farmers are local, and you can use public trans, walk or little gas to get there and shop, and you know your produce didn't travel thousands of miles to get in your stomach.

"A" squared said...

MmmmmmmmmmMmmMMMMmmmmmmmmm!! Holy huge table of pure nummyness!

I'm jealous.

PamperingBeki said...

Yum!! Everything looks delicious!

By the way, I think I stumbled across you in a magazine the other day and thought, "Hey! I 'know' her from blogland!"