Friday, July 20, 2007

It is HERE....

I have plans to attend the Harry Potter Party in Soho at the Scholastic Bookstore. I got an email about it that describes it:

"The epicenter of the madness (er, magic) will be the Scholastic party outside its Mercer Street headquarters. Called "Harry Potter Place," the event will center around a clock that ticks away the seconds until the world can read the ending to Harry's saga. Kids can hop on board a real-life version of the "violently purple" triple-decker bus described in the series. Inside, they record videos of themselves rambling on about all things wizardly and can later watch the clips at scholastic.com/harrypotter. There will also be the requisite stilt-walkers and fire-eaters, wand-making and face-painting, jugglers and magicians, and, of course, a 20-foot, automated Whomping Willow."

Well, that description just sealed the deal, but I am a bit trepidatious about the whole thing with my two little ones. I am hoping that the early start (5 PM) will attract my-size tykes, and the REAL partying will start once we have left. You KNOW I've GOT to make one of those videos...and I have just put my battery in the charger for my camera. I wish I was more of a put-together-a-costume-real-fast person, but I think my hot-red wig a la TONKS will have to do, and my little girls will bring their magic wands that the Easter Bunny brought them last spring. That's good.

I found this link on my cousin's blog...so I took the test:

The sorting hat says that I belong in Gryffindor!






Said Gryffindor, "We'll teach all those with brave deeds to their name."


Students of Gryffindor are typically brave, daring, and chivalrous.
Famous members include Harry, Ron, Hermione, Albus Dumbledore (head of Hogwarts), and Minerva McGonagall (head of Gryffindor).



Take the most scientific Harry Potter
Quiz
ever created.


Get Sorted Now!




Ravenclaw was my runnerup!

Other crazy HP bloggers:

click here for a cute pic

A theory

Design Mom is making wands....doh! do I have time to get to Michaels today?

5 comments:

Kage said...

I am commenting on my own post to say that I am totally making those wands today.....must....find....time............

Juliana said...

After reading this post I only wished I was in NYC so I could go to this party!!

Linz said...

Sounds like a rockin' party! Tonks is a great idea. I was thinking about just wearing a t-shirt with the word muggle on it.

Anonymous said...

The Today Show just had a segment on Harry Potters Place. The Whomping Willow tree looks awesome! It moves and everything! The knight bus truly looks violently purple. Have TONS of fun!!! I think the hot pink wig will totally work

BTW - downtown Naperville is having a big HP party as well.

Kage said...

I heard about Naperville...I think it is one of the biggest parties in the country...they are expecting a LOT of peops....and all the other stores (besides book stores) are participating...kind of turning into Diagon Alley. My sis is already down there I think, so I will be getting her full report! I leave in 1 hour...I'm stoked.