Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Kansas City

Hallmark Rules Kansas City!

The company has a large presence there, at least where I stayed at the Westin. There were 2 ginormous buildings, and then I was driven to another one that was also quite large.

It was such a low-key work day. We had a late call time, so I was able to workout in the morning, and then we didn't head to the set until 1 pm. Where was the set? On a Kansas City bus. Yup. It was nice and cold (the weather has been so HOT lately), perfect for our autumn layers. It was a shot of 3 friends riding the bus, looking at a hallmark card. It is for a Hallmark in-store banner that will begin running in mid-January for Valentine's Day.

One gal was red-headed, gap-toothed and Danish. The other was a young mom of 5 children age 2 to 16. What an inspiration both of them were, for completely different reasons. One of my favorite parts of the job is getting to know someone and learn from a slice of their life that intersects with mine.

We wrapped around 4, and then headed to the aiport. If I had known my flight would be delayed until 9 pm, I would have asked my friend to pick me up and take him to his family restaurant. At least I got to drive by it during the shoot! Hi Californos!

I got to bed around 1:30 AM. I went in to kiss and hug the girls, and they obliged even in their sleep. There little: "Hi Mommys" were just the thing I needed at the end of all that traveling. I did make dents in all 4 of my books, but got a little distracted by New York Home, Dominos, Time Out, People, New York and of course, Hallmark Magazine. Whoops.

Today the posse is going to midtown to see Australia's Strange Fruit perform a free concert near Rockefeller Center. It looks SO cool...I love me some circus stilts dancing stuff....then Pukey (5-year-old) has 2 go-sees this afternoon that we will hit on the way home. Thursday and Friday I am wrangling for Target and Sears...so I guess the June dry spell is all being made up THIS WEEK. When it rains, it pours.

2 comments:

knittingirl said...

Sounds like you had an awesome trip! Isn't it the best coming home to those sweet, sleepy "Hi mommy"s?

Lisa said...

I'm already practicing the speech I am going to give the Hallmark clerk to talk her into letting me have her store's banner.