Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Strange Fruit


It was 25 minutes of some pretty cool stuff.

Today the Posse went to Strange Fruit...a free performance at the Grace Building. It was so cool to see these circus acrobats climb the poles and dance and tell stories through movement and music. My daughters were transfixed the entire 25 minutes, well the little one flipped between the Fruit and the Yorkie sitting next to us-Banjo.

Both of them had meltdowns as we were walking out the door to go, and I almost didn't go about 4 times, but I am glad I pushed through and got them there. It was so worth it. If you want to see them, I think they are performing tomorrow:
Thur 12 July at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm - World Financial Centre, New York, NY.
AND
Sat., 7/14, 4pm, 6pm & 8pm; Free.
Where: Lawn of Empire-Fulton Ferry State Park, Brooklyn


The rest of the afternoon was filled with 2 go-sees, Ferris Wheel at Toys R Us, and dinner at McDonalds. Oh yeah, and then the heavens opened and SHOWERED US. We were SOAKED to the skin by the time we ran home. Running home from the subway was fun for about 45 seconds, and then it was just obnoxious. That is the second time this summer that we have gotten caught in Noah's Ark Rain. Yikes.

Enjoy the photos below:







5 comments:

laranekasateler@yahoo.com said...

see...this is what utah is missing!!!!

marian said...

believe it or not, this company performed about 15 minutes away from me last week! (yes, out here in the boonies!) Of course I missed it because I have so much darn family here and life is so hectic, but I really am sad that I did. Thanks for capturing just a little bit of it for me!

Kage said...

that's pretty crazy that they were RIGHT near you...

knittingirl said...

Wow - that looks amazing and like so much fun! Glad you had a good time (despite the rain...)
Rhonda

Suzi said...

You always do the coolest stuff! How do you hear about all of it?