Friday, August 17, 2007

Condo Adventures: The List

My husband would REALLY appreciate it if I would stop making purchases in the name of the new condo, and instead depost my earnings as double-mortgage payments or invest it in more Johnson & Johnson already.

And, I promise, someday soon, I will be handing over more and more of the earnings, but there are just a few more teeny, tiny items floating around in my brain for the condo. They are non-essentials...but items that I desire, and would one day like to obtain.

Item #1:
I am dreaming about a giraffe for my office wall, the one right behind where I sit and blog. This bare, white wall needs a friend, and photos or other wallhangings is not that friend. It needs one of these giraffes, probably in one of the green prints...maybe 0046. I just LOVE this idea. It's HIGH on the list of desires.

Item #2: I have this little space of wall that I originally thought about putting a mirror on, but then I saw these Mod Pods, and the idea of a pet fish has been swimming in my head EVER SINCE. I have had pet fish(es) on and off since I was about 12. I haven't had one for about 4 years now. I love a creative way to display a pet fish too. My only issue with this, is that most of my betta's pass away from jumping out of the bowl...and I would not want to find mine on the floor, having not only jumped out, but also fallen to his death...a very long way. Oh well, I guess I'll get over it.

Item #3:
I am still waiting to find inspiration about the lighting in my front room. I still just have two CFL's jutting out of the ceiling. I saw these AWESOME light fixtures at Potbellys in Naperville...but that's a restaurant, and no one working there knew where I could find them to purchase. I also found some cool ones at Chiasso, but I don't see them there anymore. So, light fixtures are on the list too.

Item #4:
The Painting. Yes I still want a custom-painting, a la these prints from Orange Willow. I need to get in contact with the artist again and make a plan.

So, I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Linz said...

I've seen those hangy type paper lantern things at Target but I'm not sure that that was what you were looking for. Ikea I think has them too.

lainakay said...

So fun! Love those giraffes... I hope you get one and post pictures!

Non sequiter... I love hearing your stories, so I hope you don't mind if I tag you for one!

lainakay said...

Sorry, that would be a non sequitur. I'm typing with a sleeping three-year old in my arms!