Monday, August 27, 2007

Gradually Going Green

Inspired by this post, I wrapped these presents in fabric:


(Another reusable gift wrap site.)


I am giving them to two little girls whose birthday are one day apart. Their mother is quite the Inventor of clothing, or shall I say, Fashion Designer. Giving them the gift of fabric is great because I know she will follow through with them to make a little something out of it...or she can use it to embellish something that they already own. Or, she can wrap another present in it, because I know she is green too.

And speaking of green. I dedicate this post to her, because for the past few years, she has pledged to only refashion clothing, instead of BUYING NEW. You MUST MUST MUST check out her photo stream, because she has the most creative stuff. I swear, moving FAR FAR FAR away from me has helped her creativity to EXPLODE and I just LOVE seeing her creations. CLICK HERE NOW.

If you don't have time to check it out, here are a few of my faves, but it was hard to choose.




If you would like to make a similar pledge, check out this REFASHION BLOG, and go green through your fashion!

3 comments:

chloe said...

I comletely agree - Tftcarrie ROCKS with the refashioning/designing - she is SO talented.

Because of her example I have pledged not to buy new for my kids for 6 months (started in August)- only vintage/thrift or refashioning.

BTW, love the fabric you wrapped their gifts in - Alexander Henry and Amy Butler, no?

gramakas said...

Great idea!!! Wow, I didn't realize how much "wrapping paper" I have on hand in my fabric stash!

TftCarrie said...

I can't tell you how much we appreciated the fabric wrapping paper. The girls loved it just as much as I did which means maybe they are taking after their mom just a little bit--:)

I do think I have been able to be more creative since leaving NYC. I have been trying to figure out why because that town is an endless flood of inspiration. I think it is a mixture of not actually "working" as a designer anymore, the space to accumulate and spread out my creative supplies, and the new comittment to make instead of buy (although I have had my slip up moments!).

Thanks for the shout out!!