Thursday, August 30, 2007

Wrangling for Graco

This evening I am resting after 3 days of wrangling for Graco in New Canaan, Connecticut.

The first few days we were shooting primarily strollers and carseats with age 4 months to 7 year olds, and moms. Towards the middle of day 2, we had a girl who was 7 who was SO not into riding in a carseat for a photoshoot. She was very concerned about her friends seeing her in a magazine and calling her a baby. Well FYI, you and all your friends should STILL be riding in their carseats, so I'm not sure what that was about.

When she was done, in an effort to make her feel good about her experience, I hopped in the carseat, and the photographer snapped my photo. This created a domino effect. The 3 assistants to the photographer, 3 clients, 2 ad execs, the carseat expert and who knows who else all took a turn getting their photo taken IN the carseat. It was pretty funny.

Today was had a baby that was 7 weeks old. I held that baby for about 20 minutes and decided right then and there to come home and get pregnant. But then I started thinking about who was waiting for me at home, and all their demands: I want juice, I want mac n cheese, I don't want to poop, I don't want to take a nap, I want ice cream, I want a cookie, where's my Ellie....you get the idea......and then I changed my mind. Oh well, at least I get to see baby's at work...get my baby fix.

Overall, this experience was so great because I had previously worked with the stylist, photographer, makeup artist, producer and about half of the models. Including this sweet baby who is now a toddler. I love that I have been in the business long enough now to have repeat peops. It eases so much of the anxiety that can come along with entering a set totally blind, and fitting in with that energy. It was a lovely three days.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still make my 8 and 6 year olds sit in boosters. It has never been a negotiable thing, so there is no whinning. I figure it takes no effort on any of our parts and the peace of mind is well worth it. I do find that my sons friends seem a little confused when I make them sit in a booster. But--my van, my rules!
Becky

onehm said...

You are so sweet! I love that you got in too...I bet you are just so much fun. Poor girl worrying about her friends seeing her in a car seat. Wish that was all I had to worry about. Ahhh, youth!

karen said...

Up until march, my 12 year old had to sit in a booster! Poor thing was still under the weight limit!
She didnt care... makes it easier to see out the window! ;o)