Sunday, September 09, 2007

My Little ArtEEst

My DH had meetings on Saturday morning. At 5ish when lil sis crawled in bed, and my DH was not there, I figured he had gone to the gym and would be back before his meetings.

I went back to sleep, and the next thing I was aware of was big sis telling me there was an emergency. I opened my eyes and saw a very large brown circle with many many layers in the middle of it, on my bedroom wall. My eyes then went down to the colors all over my floor, door, door frame, lil sis' room's door, and on her clothes and body.

I picked up lil sis wondering why my DH hadn't told me he had already left for his meeting and that I was in charge. And then I found him in the front room, asleep. I wasn't very nice, but mostly because I was still half a sleep. We commenced cleaning up the mess. Thank goodness Crayola Washable Marker, when mixed with high-quality paint and floor seal literally washes right off. Unfortunately, the brown marker on the cheaper white paint did not come off, but that was only about 1/8 of the masterpiece.

Just when we thought we were in the clear, I went to FINALLY use the restroom (something I normally use first thing after waking, but skipped for obvious reason's yesterday morning), I noticed a giant purple circular masterpiece next to a giant orange circular masterpiece on yet another of my bedroom walls. And again, they cleaned up...but the stress of the morning permeated throughout our entire day.

7 comments:

E-Dawg said...

I find this hillarious - probably because I didn't have to clean it up.

Lisa said...

Just look at the little doll!

Katrine said...

There's a reason children are so cute! It's so that we don't go crazy when they do things like this! She's so cute!

kimberly b said...

i have been there many times before haha try the mr. clean magic eraser on the crayon that wont come off always works like a charm in my house love your blog

Jill Ann said...

My DD (who is the same age as your DD 2) watched me pour paint while I was working on our half-bath. I came out from painting to find my DD playing with the rest of the paint (which I thought I had put high enough so she couldn't reach) that she had poured into our wastebasket. Blue paint on her lips, clothes, the kitchen linoleum and a spot on the carpet.

Laura said...

This is so classic! I love the picture you took of her in her glory. Lovely way to wake up, eh?

Melissa said...

Oh, I know that expression on her face well (as well as the marker everywhere). My 2 1/2 year old daughter loves to write on herself more than anything else. I now despise markers.