Friday, September 28, 2007

How's Your Knitting Coming?


Love Scarf Project

I am almost done with this scarf. I got the knitting needles and the yarn at the soup n swap a few weeks ago. I want the scarf to be really long, and I think I can do that and still have enough to make a good fringe. I have been getting reports that projects are coming to completion...so don't forget to email me about your scarf so that I can tell you where to send it: kristy at kristyglass dot com.

Thanks for your hard work on this project! It's for a good cause.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I have TWO ready to go!

nymanzanita said...

I would love to help out with this and currently have tons of time....the only thing is that I am not as talented as you all. I have no idea how to crochet or knit. The instruction books confuse me... too bad we we cant get together in the NY area and have a little class. I could whip a bunch out if I knew how. Hmmm.

Kage said...

nymanzanita....if you live or are near to NYC you could learn to knit in Bryant Park. If not, I taught myself to knit with this knitting 101 on Martha Stewart, and even made that exact scarf that is on that webpage. Might be a fun challenge for you!

happy nanny said...

Kage where did you get your yarn?

nymanzanita said...

Thanks for the suggestions. I will have to head over to Bryant Park and check it out. I guess they will only be doing it until the 16th of October...but I could at least get a few basics down. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Learn online: knittinghelp.com


This is where I learned to cast on, knit, purl, and rib. That's all you need to know to make a scarf! Good luck!


Hannah