Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My bulletin board

This is what I stare at while I harrass people via email: "Where's my money?", check my bloglines, return crazy hair fan-email, pay my Bloomingdales credit card bill, shop on amazon, and BLOG.




The metal you see on the wall on either side, is part of my shelving unit from Container Store, seen here in a more chaotic moment, right when we moved in:



A quote that I added since this photo:

"When you look back on a lifetime and think of what has been given to the world by your presence, your fugitive presence, inevitably you think of your art, whatever it may be, as the gift you have made to the world in acknowledgment of the gift you have been given, which is the life itself...That work is not an expression of the desire for praise or recognition, of prizes, but the deepest manifestation of your gratitude for the gift of life."
-Stanly Kunitz

4 comments:

Elizabeth S said...

HA! I love the line about the crazy hair fans! I am one of the crazy hair fans. When I sent you the e-mail to get a picture, I thought to myself, "This girl is going to think I'm nuts. Who e-mails someone they saw on TV and asks them for a picture of their hair?" O well. Thanks for humoring me anyway. Love reading your blog.

Kage said...

Elizabeth, in our house, "crazy" is a compliment....I meant it with deepest affection and enthusiasm!

Kage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Is that picture of a woman pulling something out of a toilet-looking contraption you (on the top left of the bulletin board)? And I love that Stella Adler quote...so true!