Friday, September 28, 2007

Simple and SINFUL

I got this recipe from my friend, I cannot take any credit, except for the innovation of using light cream cheese and adding sugar to taste.


Title: Simple and Sinful

Description:
Homemade Oreo Cookies

Ingredients:
2 chocolate cake mixes, i use devils cake mix
4 eggs
3/4 c. oil

Mix until until moist, roll into balls as close in size as possible. Bake 350 for 8-10 min. I keep them on the tray for about 1 min so that they'll flatten out a bit.

Filling:

8 oz cream cheese, keep it out to soften it.
2- 2 2/3 c. powdered sugar- The less the better but you need it pretty thick or the cookies will fall apart. I usually try to keep the frosting cool and then put the cookies in the fridge so that I don't have to use as much sugar.

Directions:
I used only about 1 3/4 cups...so I guess add sugar to taste

Number Of Servings:2-3 dozen

Preparation Time:1 hour in total

4 comments:

Gedde Adventures said...

Oreo's are my favorite, so I am totally trying this recipe! Thanks for posting it!
Yummmm

nymanzanita said...

Thanks for posting the recipe! They sound great. I am sure that the missionaries were very appreciative as they filled there pockets with oreos..ha!

Lisa said...

I heard today on the radio that the white stuff in Twinkies, Ding Dongs, etc has a shelf life of 30 years! Glad your filling is fresh!

Erin Marie said...

I made them. They are yummy. However, with only two of us in the house and 2 dozen cookies... we took them over to DH's family. They loved them and wanted the recipe to share the goodness with others. Thanks for the recipe. It's definitely a keeper. :-)