Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Gradually Going Green: More Resuable Bags

I have been getting better at remembering my resusable bags when grocery shopping, but now I miss having a stack of plastic bags around for dirty pull-ups, wet messes, deliveries etc.

So, when I forget my bags, it's ok, because then I get a new supply of some plastic bags to REUSE.

The latest development for me and resuable bags are these nylon bags that get scrunched up SO TINY in these little tiny bags. I bought a few of them at Claires, when my daughter got her ears pierced:


I doubt these bags are biodegradable, so when I finally do throw them away, it might not be GREEN. However, since I have started carrying these around in my bag, I have skipped on bags at Barnes and Noble, Gap, the drug store, green market etc. These are so small and convenient, it is really easy to be green for those small, everyday errands. And, often you can conceal your shopping from your husband! Always a bonus.

4 comments:

merathon said...

get me to claire's! i think the last time i went i was about 15???

Anonymous said...

I am not copying you! My comment on this bag today was totally organic ... as I am just reading this NOW. :) Maybe our minds sometimes are just more in sync then we'd care to admit. Maybe it's the initials...

-CJG (so close)

But yay for Going green! Got all my groceries home in reusable bags!!

Kage said...

Yeah CJG....not to mention that we HAVE the same first name....

Jessie Jo said...

I just saw those at our local supermarket but I didn't know how durable they would be, I'm getting some next week, I love that they are so small!